1. What is the change of state called from a liquid to a solid?
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the change of state called from a solid straight to a gas?
3. When a solid is being heated, what happens to the temperature while it is melting?
- Temperature continues to rise at the same speed
- Temperature stops rising
- Temperature decreases
- Temperature rises faster
4. How many states of matter are there?
5. Which of these is a description of the particles in a liquid?
- There is a lot of space between the particles, and they move around a lot in a random formation.
- The particles are very close together, but not quite touching. They can move around a bit and are not in a fixed position.
- The particles are touching each other and remain in a fixed position. They do not move, but constantly vibrate around their position.