1. What happens in beta decay? What is released?
- Alpha particle released.
- Mass number stays the same. Atomic number increases by 1. Beta particle released.
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. What influenced the formation of stars?
- Gravity pulling hydrogen into clouds. Became so hot fusion began to occur.
- The Big Bang
3. In what period of a star to elements up to iron form?
- The stable period
- Red giant
- Red super giant
4. Did any elements form immediately due to the Big Bang?
5. Where do elements heavier than iron form?
- Neutron star
- Black hole
- Main sequence