1. What happens in beta decay? What is released?
- Mass number stays the same. Atomic number increases by 1. Beta particle released.
- Alpha particle released.
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. Did any elements form immediately due to the Big Bang?
3. What happens in alpha decay? What is released.
- Mass number decreases by 4. Atomic number decreases by 2. Alpha particle released.
- Mass number stays the same. Atomic number decreases by 1.
- Mass number stays the same. Atomic number increases by 1.
4. Where do elements heavier than iron form?
- Main sequence
- Black hole
- Neutron star
5. In what period of a star to elements up to iron form?
- The stable period
- Red super giant
- Red giant