1. What happens at the end of the second stage of the Bill's passage?
- There is a vote
- The Bill is commenced
- The Bill is passed to another House
- The Bill is open to suggested amendments
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the fifth stage of a Bill's passage called?
- Fifth Reading
- Quinary Reading
- Third Reading
- Fifth Stage
3. Where do most Bills start?
- House of Commons
- House of Lords
- Supreme Court
- Magistrates' Court
4. What is the committee's role?
- To debate the Bill
- To go through each clause of the Bill and propose amendments where necessary
- To remove clauses where necessary
- To add extra clauses where necessary
5. What happens during the fifth stage of a Bill's passage?
- There is a final vote on the Bill, never with a further debate
- There is a final vote on the Bill, with a further debate if at least 6 MPs request it
- There is a final vote on the Bill, always with a further debate
- There is a final vote on the Bill, with a further debate if 3 MPs request it
Similar Law resources: