1. What vote must an amendment get during the fourth stage of a Bill's passage to be passed?
- Majority - in favour
- Majority - against
- 50/50 - in favour
- 50/50 - against
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the fourth stage of a Bill's passage called?
- Debate Stage
- Report Stage
- Amendment Stage
- Commencement Stage
3. Where do most Bills start?
- Supreme Court
- House of Commons
- House of Lords
- Magistrates' Court
4. What happens to a Bill that has been refused by the House of Lords but reintroduced to Parliament by the House of Commons?
- It can never be reconsidered and must be scrapped
- It has to wait a year before being reconsidered
- If it is passed for a second time it can receive the monarch's approval and become law without the House of Lords' consent
- If it is passed for a second time it automatically becomes law and does not need the monarch's approval
5. What is the committee's role?
- To go through each clause of the Bill and propose amendments where necessary
- To debate the Bill
- To add extra clauses where necessary
- To remove clauses where necessary
Similar Law resources: