1. What is an overlap?
- when no one is talking
- when only one person is talking
- when two or more people talk over each other
- When someone emphasises a word of statement
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. what does the 'A' stand for in PERSUADER?
- Anecdote or alliteration
- A fact
3. What is Lexical Variation?
- Words used to describe similar things e.g.child and bairn.
- any sound that is made by the mouth.
- An accent.
- the way someone speaks when in a certain region, friendship group or work context.
4. What does the 'S' stand for in PERSUADER
5. What is sociolect?
- A way speech is written.
- Any sound that is made by ther mouth.
- The way someone speaks when influenced by their region, friendship goup or work context.
- Using correct grammar in speech.