1. Calculate the heat energy required to heat a 20kg Aluminium block ( 910 s.h.c) from 18 degrees to 74 degrees
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. 10kg of water (4200 s.h.c) in a bucket cools from 40 degrees to 20 degrees. Calculate the heat energy given off by the water
3. a 5kg steel (470 s.h.c) block is heated with 35250J of heat energy. Calculate the temperature rise of the block
- 45 degrees
- 5 degrees
- 15 degrees
- 20 degrees
- 10 degrees
4. A student attempts th find the s.h.c of a 1kg glass block. The temperature of the glass raises from 20 degrees to 60 degrees. The student uses 28000J of heat energy. Calculate the s.h.c of the glass.
5. The students answer in Q4 is higher than glass' specific heat capacity. Name a reason.
- It is heated more than 1 degree
- It was already hot!
- It is a different style of glass
- It uses more heat energy