1. Who is often described as the father of tragedy?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who wrote The Eumenides and what is it about?
- Hesiod - The fives ages of man
- Aeschylus - Orestes being pursued by the furies + trial at Athens
- Sophicles - Agamemnon + his murder by wife Clymenestra
- Euripides - Orestes being pursued by the furies + trial at Athens
3. Who Wrote The Suppliants
4. What is Theogony about?
- The History of the Peloponnesian War
- The 10 year seige of Troy
- The origins of the world
- The five ages of man
5. When was Homer thought to have been writing?
- 9th century BC
- 7/8th century BC
- 3rd century BC
- 5th century BC