1. Who wrote The Eumenides and what is it about?
- Aeschylus - Orestes being pursued by the furies + trial at Athens
- Euripides - Orestes being pursued by the furies + trial at Athens
- Sophicles - Agamemnon + his murder by wife Clymenestra
- Hesiod - The fives ages of man
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Hesiod write?
- Antigone + Odeipus, the King
- Helen + The Bacchae
- Theogony + Works and Days
- Ode 5 + Ode 3
3. What is Theogony about?
- The origins of the world
- The 10 year seige of Troy
- The five ages of man
- The History of the Peloponnesian War
4. Who is often described as the father of tragedy?
5. When was Homer thought to have been writing?
- 9th century BC
- 5th century BC
- 7/8th century BC
- 3rd century BC