1. how does water exist in soil
- it doesn't
- fills the pores
- hydroscopic water, capillary water and available water
- keeps air out
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. how does soil get its nutrients
- from parent rock, the atmosphere and decomposers
- from animals
- from water
3. which of these is not a reason soil is important...
- it regulates water flow
- it stores water for plants to use
- it directly feeds many organisms
- its provides a good engineering medium for roads and buildings, etc.
4. soil can be used as a sink because..
- it is able to conver the soil into inert carbon which is easily and quickly put back into the atmosphere
- it allows slow decomposition of soil carbon if it is not disturbed, this is through fauna respiring it and converting the rest into modified soil carbon - keeping the carbon from the atmosphere for a longer time. some carbon can be further decomopsed
- it is ploughed so can move the carbon through the soil
- dirties soil
- recycles water
- filters and purifies water
- acidifies water