1. Issue of Bandura's study using Bobo doll
- Doesn't actually represent aggressive behaviour it shows play behaviour
- Age bias, cannot be applied to adults
- Laboratory experiment is too artificial
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the four factors of Bandura's theory of Vicarious reinforcement?
- Attention, Retention, Replication and Desire
- Attention, Retention, Replication and Motivation
- Attention, Retention, Reproduction and Motivation
- Attention, Retention, Reproduction and Desire
3. What is Vicarious reinforcement?
- When individuals observe others being rewarded for a behaviour so they copy the behaviour to be rewarded themselves
- Observe someone carry out a behaviour, they imitate the behaviour and then are reinforced
- Direct Experience
4. Why is Bandura's theory of vicarious reinforcement advantageous?
- It considers the free will we have in aggressive behaviour
- Too simplistic and not holistic enough
- Doesn't consider biological factors such as neural and hormonal mechanisms
5. What is Patterson et al?
- Children considered socially aggressive were reported to have parents that punished them aggressively and they were advised non-aggressive punishments to reduce their child's aggressive behaviour
- Mirror neurones are activated when carrying out an activity and when watching it
- The children in the aggressive condition would act aggressive to the Bobo doll whereas those in the non-aggressive didn't