1. If matrilocal is when a married couple live near the Wife's family, then what is patrilocal?
- Leaving near Wife's side of the family.
- Living near husband's side of the family.
- Living near mother's family.
- Living near father's family.
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Duncombe and Marsden (1995) discovered the triple shift. What is the triple shift?
- Women cook, clean and iron.
- Men have paid and unpaid work as well as DIY.
- Women having paid and unpaid work as well as childcare/housework.
- Women having paid and unpaid work.
3. Family is the main agent of _______.
- Primary Socialisation.
- Secondary Socialisation.
- Formal Social Control.
4. Which factor did NOT affect the rise of Divorce?
- Everyone cares about religion more.
- Women's Independence.
- Smaller family size - Contraception.
5. This type of family consists of older children who go off somewhere i.e. University and then return to the family home.
- Nuclear Family.
- Blended Family.
- Boomerang Family.
- Extended Family.