1. Duncombe and Marsden (1995) discovered the triple shift. What is the triple shift?
- Men have paid and unpaid work as well as DIY.
- Women having paid and unpaid work.
- Women having paid and unpaid work as well as childcare/housework.
- Women cook, clean and iron.
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Segregated Conjugal Roles is when _____.
- The roles within the family are unequally distributed, e.g. Housework for females and DIY for males.
- The mother is the breadwinner.
- Male and Female family members trade their roles.
- Roles are shared between the children.
3. The three types of support that a family provides is _______.
- Verbal, Physical & Emotional Support.
- Food, Money & Shelter Support.
- Emotional, Financial & Economical Support.
- Physical, Financial & Verbal Support.
4. Divorce literally means ______.
- When one partner cheats on the other.
- When the parents separate permanently.
- The legal termination of marriage between two people.
- The separation of a couple.
5. This type of family is common in the Afro Caribbean community, most likely to consist of a single mother.
- Lone Parent Family.
- Empty Nest Family.
- Boomerang Family.
- Broken Family.