1. Family is the main agent of _______.
- Formal Social Control.
- Primary Socialisation.
- Secondary Socialisation.
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Ann Oakley suggested two ways that socialises different genders. They are called _______.
- Manipulation & Canalisation.
- Secularisation & Socialisation.
- Negative & Positive Sanctions.
- Formal & Informal Social Control.
3. Duncombe and Marsden (1995) discovered the triple shift. What is the triple shift?
- Women cook, clean and iron.
- Men have paid and unpaid work as well as DIY.
- Women having paid and unpaid work as well as childcare/housework.
- Women having paid and unpaid work.
4. Divorce literally means ______.
- When the parents separate permanently.
- The separation of a couple.
- The legal termination of marriage between two people.
- When one partner cheats on the other.
5. What did Willmott and Young agree on?
- Behaviour changes depending on your upbringing.
- Family roles were perfectly distributed and equal. Women should do housework and Men should be the breadwinners.
- It was unfair the way family roles were distributed.
- Working class men were more likely to be criminals.