1. Duncombe and Marsden (1995) discovered the triple shift. What is the triple shift?
- Men have paid and unpaid work as well as DIY.
- Women having paid and unpaid work as well as childcare/housework.
- Women cook, clean and iron.
- Women having paid and unpaid work.
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which one of these is NOT an alternative to families?
3. A househusband is _____.
- When the wife works and the husband stays at home.
- When the husband works and does housework at the same time..
- The husband looks after the children.
- The wife helps the husband and they both stay at home.
4. Which factor did NOT affect the rise of Divorce?
- Smaller family size - Contraception.
- Women's Independence.
- Everyone cares about religion more.
5. Family is the main agent of _______.
- Formal Social Control.
- Primary Socialisation.
- Secondary Socialisation.