- Created by: VelveteenRabbit
- Created on: 03-06-18 13:29
1. Which of these is an external factor?
- The 'ideal' pupil
- Institutional racism
- Speech codes
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these ISN'T a characteristic of working class culture as argued by Sugarman?
- Immediate gratification
3. What does Durkheim argue is a function of education?
- It promotes social solidarity and equips individuals with specialist skills so that they're prepared for work
- Secondary socialisation (which is meritocratic, unlike within the family) and bridging family and wider society
- It's an ideological state apparatus used to reproduce and legitmate class inequality
- To mirror the relationships and structures found in work (correspondence principle)
4. Why do Mtisos and Browne argue that girls do better than boys in coursework?
- They're better at understanding coursework than boys, therefore they find it easier
- Their parents expect them to study more at home, thus they put more time and effort into coursework than boys
- They're more conscientious and better organised, they also mature earlier and can concentrate for longer
- They're less disruptive and teachers have higher expectations of them
5. Which ethnic minority performs the best academically?
- Chinese and Indian