1. What isn't an advantage of comprehensive schools?
- They are larger schools so more subjects and more facilities are avaliable
- More academically able students are held back by the less able particulary in mixed ability groups
- They cater for children of all abilities
- Social barriers are broken down as children of all abilities and from different social classes attend the same school and mix
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What don't school league tables do?
- Test a child's ability
- Create more competition between schools
- Allow parents to make comparisions between schools more easily
- Provide information about the performance of schools
3. What school isn't included in the tripartite system?
- Secondary Technical
- Secondary Modern
4. What is meant by the socialization role?
- teaching acceptance of rules and authority
- teaching norms and values
- teaching skills for work
- choosing the most able people for the most important jobs
5. What is not an advantage of independent schools?
- Classes are smaller and so students recieve more attention from the teacher
- Ensures some form of basic education is avaliable for all children
- Resources and facilites are often better than comprehensives
- Parental input is high in terms of fees, support and expectations