1. What is Compensatory Education?
- Extra help at school.
- Any extra educational help that is provided for those coming from disadvantaged groups. The aim is to help them overcome the disadvantages they face in the education system and the wider society.
- Compulsory education
- Special education for kids with disadvantages.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Name 5 types of schools?
- Public school,Comprehensive school,Faith school,Special school and Grammar school.
- There 1 type of school.
- Primary school,Secondary school,University,College and Nursery.
- State school, private school , Music school and dancing school.
3. What do sociologists mean by ethnocentric curriculum?
- When a something is told just based on English history.
- This refers to the attitude or policy which gives priority to a particular ethnic group whilst disregarding others. It could be argued that the curriculum today is based on the white culture.
- When a school learns curriculum which doesn't separate different ethnicity.
- When a curriculum is based on someone's ethnicity.
4. What is the functionalist view on the role of education
- They don't think education is important.
- Functionalists believe that schools teach the key skills and knowledge necessary for a modern, technical society.Functionalists believe that education is seen as performing a beneficial role in society. Functionalists believe that education is seen a
- They think it is not fair.
- They don't like it.
5. What do sociologists mean by sub - culture?
- Have beliefs similar to the rest of the group.
- A group of people.
- A group of people within a large culture. A sub-culture often has beliefs and interests different to the rest of the group.
- A type of culture.