1. Name 5 types of schools?
- State school, private school , Music school and dancing school.
- There 1 type of school.
- Public school,Comprehensive school,Faith school,Special school and Grammar school.
- Primary school,Secondary school,University,College and Nursery.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the Marxist view on the role of education?
- Marxists view education as having a beneficial role for the powerful people in our society and brainwashing people to follow capitalist norms and values.
- It is good because it brings social class together and it is fair.
- It is good.
- That it is quite useless and you don't learn anything.
3. Feminists view on education?
- They don't want females to be educated.
- They don't like it because boys and girls are mixed together.
- Feminists believe that education benefits men, ensuring that males remain more powerful in society by teaching patriarchal norms and values, such as women’s role as carers and restricting access to certain subjects.
- They like it.
4. What do sociologists mean by sub - culture?
- Have beliefs similar to the rest of the group.
- A group of people within a large culture. A sub-culture often has beliefs and interests different to the rest of the group.
- A type of culture.
- A group of people.
5. What do sociologists mean by self-fulling prophecy?
- When you do good at school.
- When you like yourself.
- Self fulfilling prophecy in school is when you live up to your label. This links to labeling.For example, if a teacher were to label a student naughty and that they wouldn't achieve good grades, that student is likely to live up to that label.
- When you don't listen to your teacher.