1. Name 5 types of schools?
- State school, private school , Music school and dancing school.
- Public school,Comprehensive school,Faith school,Special school and Grammar school.
- Primary school,Secondary school,University,College and Nursery.
- There 1 type of school.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the functionalist view on the role of education
- Functionalists believe that schools teach the key skills and knowledge necessary for a modern, technical society.Functionalists believe that education is seen as performing a beneficial role in society. Functionalists believe that education is seen a
- They don't like it.
- They think it is not fair.
- They don't think education is important.
3. What is the Marxist view on the role of education?
- Marxists view education as having a beneficial role for the powerful people in our society and brainwashing people to follow capitalist norms and values.
- It is good because it brings social class together and it is fair.
- It is good.
- That it is quite useless and you don't learn anything.
4. What do sociologists mean by sub - culture?
- A group of people within a large culture. A sub-culture often has beliefs and interests different to the rest of the group.
- A group of people.
- A type of culture.
- Have beliefs similar to the rest of the group.
5. What is Compensatory Education?
- Special education for kids with disadvantages.
- Compulsory education
- Any extra educational help that is provided for those coming from disadvantaged groups. The aim is to help them overcome the disadvantages they face in the education system and the wider society.
- Extra help at school.