1. What do sociologists mean by sub - culture?
- A group of people.
- A type of culture.
- A group of people within a large culture. A sub-culture often has beliefs and interests different to the rest of the group.
- Have beliefs similar to the rest of the group.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Feminists view on education?
- Feminists believe that education benefits men, ensuring that males remain more powerful in society by teaching patriarchal norms and values, such as women’s role as carers and restricting access to certain subjects.
- They don't like it because boys and girls are mixed together.
- They like it.
- They don't want females to be educated.
3. What is cultural capital?
- When people are cultural.
- A state that is cultural.
- (i.e. the level of educational resources and knowledge provided by the family). This means that middle class students have more financial and practice support and encouragement than working class students.middle class may go theatre, museums ect.
- I don't know.
4. Name 5 types of schools?
- There 1 type of school.
- Public school,Comprehensive school,Faith school,Special school and Grammar school.
- State school, private school , Music school and dancing school.
- Primary school,Secondary school,University,College and Nursery.
5. What do sociologists mean by ethnocentric curriculum?
- When a something is told just based on English history.
- This refers to the attitude or policy which gives priority to a particular ethnic group whilst disregarding others. It could be argued that the curriculum today is based on the white culture.
- When a school learns curriculum which doesn't separate different ethnicity.
- When a curriculum is based on someone's ethnicity.