1. What do sociologists mean by self-fulling prophecy?
- When you do good at school.
- Self fulfilling prophecy in school is when you live up to your label. This links to labeling.For example, if a teacher were to label a student naughty and that they wouldn't achieve good grades, that student is likely to live up to that label.
- When you don't listen to your teacher.
- When you like yourself.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do sociologists mean by sub - culture?
- A group of people within a large culture. A sub-culture often has beliefs and interests different to the rest of the group.
- A type of culture.
- Have beliefs similar to the rest of the group.
- A group of people.
3. What is Compensatory Education?
- Extra help at school.
- Any extra educational help that is provided for those coming from disadvantaged groups. The aim is to help them overcome the disadvantages they face in the education system and the wider society.
- Compulsory education
- Special education for kids with disadvantages.
4. What is the Marxist view on the role of education?
- It is good because it brings social class together and it is fair.
- It is good.
- Marxists view education as having a beneficial role for the powerful people in our society and brainwashing people to follow capitalist norms and values.
- That it is quite useless and you don't learn anything.
5. Name 5 types of schools?
- State school, private school , Music school and dancing school.
- Public school,Comprehensive school,Faith school,Special school and Grammar school.
- Primary school,Secondary school,University,College and Nursery.
- There 1 type of school.