1. Feminists view on education?
- Feminists believe that education benefits men, ensuring that males remain more powerful in society by teaching patriarchal norms and values, such as women’s role as carers and restricting access to certain subjects.
- They don't like it because boys and girls are mixed together.
- They like it.
- They don't want females to be educated.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is Compensatory Education?
- Special education for kids with disadvantages.
- Compulsory education
- Any extra educational help that is provided for those coming from disadvantaged groups. The aim is to help them overcome the disadvantages they face in the education system and the wider society.
- Extra help at school.
3. What do sociologists mean by self-fulling prophecy?
- Self fulfilling prophecy in school is when you live up to your label. This links to labeling.For example, if a teacher were to label a student naughty and that they wouldn't achieve good grades, that student is likely to live up to that label.
- When you do good at school.
- When you like yourself.
- When you don't listen to your teacher.
4. What do sociologists mean by sub - culture?
- Have beliefs similar to the rest of the group.
- A group of people within a large culture. A sub-culture often has beliefs and interests different to the rest of the group.
- A type of culture.
- A group of people.
5. What do sociologists mean by ethnocentric curriculum?
- This refers to the attitude or policy which gives priority to a particular ethnic group whilst disregarding others. It could be argued that the curriculum today is based on the white culture.
- When a something is told just based on English history.
- When a curriculum is based on someone's ethnicity.
- When a school learns curriculum which doesn't separate different ethnicity.