1. Feminists view on education?
- Feminists believe that education benefits men, ensuring that males remain more powerful in society by teaching patriarchal norms and values, such as women’s role as carers and restricting access to certain subjects.
- They don't want females to be educated.
- They don't like it because boys and girls are mixed together.
- They like it.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is Compensatory Education?
- Extra help at school.
- Any extra educational help that is provided for those coming from disadvantaged groups. The aim is to help them overcome the disadvantages they face in the education system and the wider society.
- Compulsory education
- Special education for kids with disadvantages.
3. What is the functionalist view on the role of education
- They don't think education is important.
- Functionalists believe that schools teach the key skills and knowledge necessary for a modern, technical society.Functionalists believe that education is seen as performing a beneficial role in society. Functionalists believe that education is seen a
- They think it is not fair.
- They don't like it.
4. What is the Marxist view on the role of education?
- That it is quite useless and you don't learn anything.
- It is good because it brings social class together and it is fair.
- Marxists view education as having a beneficial role for the powerful people in our society and brainwashing people to follow capitalist norms and values.
- It is good.
5. What do sociologists mean by self-fulling prophecy?
- Self fulfilling prophecy in school is when you live up to your label. This links to labeling.For example, if a teacher were to label a student naughty and that they wouldn't achieve good grades, that student is likely to live up to that label.
- When you do good at school.
- When you like yourself.
- When you don't listen to your teacher.