1. Name 5 types of schools?
- Public school,Comprehensive school,Faith school,Special school and Grammar school.
- There 1 type of school.
- Primary school,Secondary school,University,College and Nursery.
- State school, private school , Music school and dancing school.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the Marxist view on the role of education?
- Marxists view education as having a beneficial role for the powerful people in our society and brainwashing people to follow capitalist norms and values.
- It is good because it brings social class together and it is fair.
- It is good.
- That it is quite useless and you don't learn anything.
3. What do sociologists mean by self-fulling prophecy?
- Self fulfilling prophecy in school is when you live up to your label. This links to labeling.For example, if a teacher were to label a student naughty and that they wouldn't achieve good grades, that student is likely to live up to that label.
- When you do good at school.
- When you like yourself.
- When you don't listen to your teacher.
4. What is cultural capital?
- (i.e. the level of educational resources and knowledge provided by the family). This means that middle class students have more financial and practice support and encouragement than working class students.middle class may go theatre, museums ect.
- When people are cultural.
- A state that is cultural.
- I don't know.
5. What is Compensatory Education?
- Any extra educational help that is provided for those coming from disadvantaged groups. The aim is to help them overcome the disadvantages they face in the education system and the wider society.
- Special education for kids with disadvantages.
- Compulsory education
- Extra help at school.