1. What is cultural capital?
- (i.e. the level of educational resources and knowledge provided by the family). This means that middle class students have more financial and practice support and encouragement than working class students.middle class may go theatre, museums ect.
- A state that is cultural.
- I don't know.
- When people are cultural.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Name 5 types of schools?
- There 1 type of school.
- Primary school,Secondary school,University,College and Nursery.
- Public school,Comprehensive school,Faith school,Special school and Grammar school.
- State school, private school , Music school and dancing school.
3. What is Compensatory Education?
- Extra help at school.
- Any extra educational help that is provided for those coming from disadvantaged groups. The aim is to help them overcome the disadvantages they face in the education system and the wider society.
- Compulsory education
- Special education for kids with disadvantages.
4. What is the Marxist view on the role of education?
- Marxists view education as having a beneficial role for the powerful people in our society and brainwashing people to follow capitalist norms and values.
- It is good.
- That it is quite useless and you don't learn anything.
- It is good because it brings social class together and it is fair.
5. What do sociologists mean by self-fulling prophecy?
- Self fulfilling prophecy in school is when you live up to your label. This links to labeling.For example, if a teacher were to label a student naughty and that they wouldn't achieve good grades, that student is likely to live up to that label.
- When you like yourself.
- When you don't listen to your teacher.
- When you do good at school.