1. What do sociologists mean by ethnocentric curriculum?
- When a school learns curriculum which doesn't separate different ethnicity.
- This refers to the attitude or policy which gives priority to a particular ethnic group whilst disregarding others. It could be argued that the curriculum today is based on the white culture.
- When a curriculum is based on someone's ethnicity.
- When a something is told just based on English history.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do sociologists mean by sub - culture?
- Have beliefs similar to the rest of the group.
- A group of people within a large culture. A sub-culture often has beliefs and interests different to the rest of the group.
- A type of culture.
- A group of people.
3. Feminists view on education?
- Feminists believe that education benefits men, ensuring that males remain more powerful in society by teaching patriarchal norms and values, such as women’s role as carers and restricting access to certain subjects.
- They don't want females to be educated.
- They don't like it because boys and girls are mixed together.
- They like it.
4. What is the functionalist view on the role of education
- They don't think education is important.
- Functionalists believe that schools teach the key skills and knowledge necessary for a modern, technical society.Functionalists believe that education is seen as performing a beneficial role in society. Functionalists believe that education is seen a
- They think it is not fair.
- They don't like it.
5. What is cultural capital?
- (i.e. the level of educational resources and knowledge provided by the family). This means that middle class students have more financial and practice support and encouragement than working class students.middle class may go theatre, museums ect.
- When people are cultural.
- A state that is cultural.
- I don't know.