- Created by: annaliseburnet
- Created on: 14-06-18 16:59
1. what does merton say a 'conformist' response is?
- loosing sight of the goals but accepting the means of cultural strain
- rejecting institutional cultural strain, creating own goals and means of achieving them
- accepting the goals and means of cultural strain
- rejecting the goals and means of cultural strain
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. who discussed 'boundary maintenance'? (formal sanctions lead to collective social morality and social solidarity) functionalist
3. who talks about laws as performing an ideological function eg health laws to maintain the capitalist labour force?
4. who discussed utilitarian and non utilitarian crime?
5. what is utilitarian crime?
- hedonistic; for material gain
- symbolic; vandalism, violence