1. What did Becker, an Interactionist, believe?
- Teachers place labels on students which students then live up to, making it a self fulfilling prophecy.
- Teachers place labels on students and the students always reject them.
- Students place labels on teachers as bad or good based on their age.
- Students place labels on teachers as bad or good based on their class.
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the warm bath theory?
- The wife of a family is like a warm bath and is there for the husband to use to relax and relieve in.
- The family is place to come home to after work to relax.
- The family are used by the bourgeoisie to create products for them, the products, such as baths, only benefit the bourgeoisie, by keeping them clean, and workers dirty.
- The family members are all different, some are hot and some are cool, creating a warm bath.
3. Who came up with the organic analogy?
- Howard Becker
- Karl Marx
- Emile Durkheim
- Frederick Engels
4. What is the organic analogy?
- The world is like a body and needs all its minerals, oxygen, vitamins, just like a body does.
- A comparison of society to a human body, each organ needs one another to survive. Each one of these 'organs' has a purpose in society; Family, Criminal Justice System, Economy, Education, Healthcare and Religion.
- A comparison of the family to a human body, each organ needs one another to survive, the family needs a mother, a father, a son and a daughter.
- Societies own way of dealing with health issues, by eating more healthy.
5. What is meritocracy?
- An opportunity for the upper class.
- An opportunity for males.
- An equal opportunity for all.
- An opportunity that isnt actually there.
Similar Sociology resources: