1. What do post-modernists say about family?
- Family is changing dues to increasing rights and choices for women, they are less likely to view marriage as an ultimate goal in life. There is also more diversity in families due to technological advancements (same-sex couples having children)
- Family is changing due to the increase in marriage and decline in cohabitation.
- Children in the family are being brought up in traditional 'cereal packet' families, meaning families more or less stay the same over a short period of time.
- Families only change due to social stigma.
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a 'gender quake'?
- Wilkinson, a liberal feminist, believes men and woman cannot live together, and one gender will be cancelled out naturally over time.
- Wilkinson, a liberal feminist, believes natural disasters happen because of the gender divide in the family.
- Wilkinson, a liberal feminist, believes women now see education and working as important, this is a gender quake.
- Wilkinson, a liberal feminist, believes society needs a mixing of genders, a gender quake, to survive and thrive.
3. Why is education functional to society in functionalists eyes?
- Education makes eager workers for the bourgeoisie.
- Education highlights the cracks in our society.
- Education is secondary socialisation to children, it prepares them for the real world and life.
- Everyone learns and is taught in every society, therefore, educational must be functional.
4. What did Becker, an Interactionist, believe?
- Students place labels on teachers as bad or good based on their class.
- Teachers place labels on students and the students always reject them.
- Teachers place labels on students which students then live up to, making it a self fulfilling prophecy.
- Students place labels on teachers as bad or good based on their age.
5. What is the organic analogy?
- The world is like a body and needs all its minerals, oxygen, vitamins, just like a body does.
- Societies own way of dealing with health issues, by eating more healthy.
- A comparison of society to a human body, each organ needs one another to survive. Each one of these 'organs' has a purpose in society; Family, Criminal Justice System, Economy, Education, Healthcare and Religion.
- A comparison of the family to a human body, each organ needs one another to survive, the family needs a mother, a father, a son and a daughter.
Similar Sociology resources: