1. Why do feminists disagree with current education?
- Because education doesnt give the right skills to men and women individually.
- Because females and males are currently in seperate classes.
- It socialises girls into patriarchal norms and values and gives them skills to gain typical 'feminine' jobs.
- Because education favours the upper-class.
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the difference between a dual burden and a triple shift?
- Dual Burden: Women have to please their husband and children. Triple Shift: Women are used by men to do their shopping, cleaning and child-bearing.
- Dual Burden: Women are expected to do paid work and house work. Triple Shift: Women are expected to focus on children, the home and work.
- Dual Burden: Women have to please their husband and children. Triple Shift: Women are expected to focus on children, the home and work.
- Dual Burden: Women are expected to produce babies and please men. Triple Shift: Women need to work three jobs to earn the same amount as their boyfriends/husbands.
3. What is the punch bag theory?
- Women are a punch bag for men because men believe women are 'weaker due to biology'
- The family is a place to go to, to relieve your stress of proletariat working life.
- Children are becoming more and more shaped by the family, just like a punching bag.
- The bourgeoisie see the proletariat as a punching bag that they can abuse, scam and exploit, the proletariat know this but cannot react to it.
4. What are Murdochs four functions of the family?
- Health, Justice, Manners & Morality
- Jobs, Food, Socialisation & Economy
- Sex, Reproduction, Economy & Socialisation
- Reproduction, Food, Jobs & Health
5. What is meritocracy?
- An equal opportunity for all.
- An opportunity for males.
- An opportunity that isnt actually there.
- An opportunity for the upper class.
Similar Sociology resources: