1. Post-modernist argue that there is such a diversity of jobs in post-modern society...
- because of the increase and broadening of skills and expertise taught.
- Because of the lack of definition in schools.
- Schools should try to split their students into groups, less able and more able.
- Schools must teach lots of different skills and expertise.
- Because of the bourgeoisie exploiting the proletariat.
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the organic analogy?
- Societies own way of dealing with health issues, by eating more healthy.
- A comparison of society to a human body, each organ needs one another to survive. Each one of these 'organs' has a purpose in society; Family, Criminal Justice System, Economy, Education, Healthcare and Religion.
- The world is like a body and needs all its minerals, oxygen, vitamins, just like a body does.
- A comparison of the family to a human body, each organ needs one another to survive, the family needs a mother, a father, a son and a daughter.
3. What do Liberal feminists believe of the family?
- Males are breadwinners, whereas females are caretakers of the family and subordinate their lives to them.
- The family wouldnt be complete without a woman.
- The family wouldnt be complete without a man.
- In a modern world, females are breadwinners, whereas males are caretakers of the family and subordinate their lives to them.
4. What is the punch bag theory?
- Women are a punch bag for men because men believe women are 'weaker due to biology'
- The bourgeoisie see the proletariat as a punching bag that they can abuse, scam and exploit, the proletariat know this but cannot react to it.
- The family is a place to go to, to relieve your stress of proletariat working life.
- Children are becoming more and more shaped by the family, just like a punching bag.
5. What are Murdochs four functions of the family?
- Sex, Reproduction, Economy & Socialisation
- Health, Justice, Manners & Morality
- Jobs, Food, Socialisation & Economy
- Reproduction, Food, Jobs & Health
Similar Sociology resources: