1. What did Hoover say about African-Americans?
- "They are of low mental order so they shouldn't be hired"
- "They are a crucial and appreciated members of our society"
- "Today is the day that we shall make progress"
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How did the government destroy the KKK?
- Took away their raison d'etre
- They quelled thier antics
- They did nothing to stop the KKK
3. In 1925 how many members did the KKK have?
- 1 in 25 Americans
- 5 million
- 10 million
4. How much is the membership scheme?
5. What did the unnamed immigration act of 1929 state?
- Reduced immigration from south and east europe
- Banned any immigration from Japan
- Only 150,000 immigrants allowed in each year - 85% from north and west europe
- Reduced quota to 2% of the 1890 quota
- Barred immigrants that couldn't speak english
Similar History resources: