1. What did prohibitionist Billy Sunday say?
- "The beast known as alcohol has been quelled"
- "The reign of tears is over"
- "A child or wife shall no longer feel the hot alcohol fulled hand anymore"
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How much did the nations murder rate increase by?
3. What did the Volstead Act of 1919 declare?
- It defined alcoholic beverages - 0.5% or above
- Any alcoholic beverage 0.5% or above is legal for production
- It defined alcoholic beverages - 5% or above
4. How many speakeasies were there in NY?
5. What was a Speakeasy?
- A house were judges stayed when they were dealing out outer state affairs.
- Illegal liquor stores or drinking clubs
- A private drinkign house for high officals