1. What is the Fundamental Attribution Error?
- a self-serving bias in which people play down their own failures by attributing them to external causes
- a group-level bias in favour of one’s own group and against particular out-groups against which there exists a rivalry
- a bias in attributing other people’s behaviour more to internal than situational causes
- a conformity bias that leads people to agree with others so as to fit in with a group.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Discursive Psychology is interested in
- Only Internal states
- Internal states only when made relevant by the participant
- Only external states
- Internal states only
3. Attitudes can be formed by
- mere exposure
- associative learning
- All of the above
- self perception
- functional reason
4. What do Cooer and Fazio say is important in attitude change and cognitive dissonance?
- a. Both B and E
- e. Self to blame
- b. Negative consequences
- d. Investment
- c. Both D and B
- f. Be temporary and flexible to change
5. What is a critique of Social Schemas?
- Can be used to explain any result and its opposite
- Doesn't take into account cognitive approach
- Too social
- Not individualistic enough