1. Define 'social categorisation'
- Grouping different identities together, for example: 'blue collar', 'white collar', white, black, Asian etc.
- Splitting society so that it fits into certain categories
- An extreme practice of splitting different social categories into separate areas of the city - e.g. 'Dauntless', 'Abnegation', and 'Erudite'
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. Define 'social identification'
- A process used by the government and public sector agencies to identify people through DNA
- The extent to which we identify with certain groups and internalise them as part of our self-concept
- The terms used by society to tell who people are, for example, 'male' and 'female'
3. What do preventional focused people focus on?
- Achieving the highest possible grade, being inspired by positive role models of high achievement and trying to emulate them
- Achieving through others' failure, creating negative role modelling of 'cramming' rather than focused revision
- Achieving a good enough grade, focusing their energy on social and creative tasks that will help their mental health
4. What impact does our self perception have?
- It impacts how we motivated we are to learn new skills
- It impacts our emotions, our responses to situations and how we ideally want to be
- It impacts our self esteem and readiness to join in-groups
5. Define promotional goals
- Concerned with delaying difficult or important tasks, instead completing easier ones in an attempt of avoidance
- Concerned with personal aspiration and accomplishment of set goals, striving to achieve their 'ideal' self
- Concerned with obligations and personal responsibilities, striving to achieve the 'ought' self
Similar Sociology resources: