1. What is vicarious learning?
- Learning by being directly rewarded or punished
- When somebody else learns something and then passes it on
- Not direct reward or punishment, but learning through watching others rewarded or punished
- Learning through overhearing somebody
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Other than role models, what else does SLT say we can learn through?
- Nothing, only role models
3. What is another key component of social learning theory?
- Role models
4. What is the key element of social learning theory?
- The individual must have criminal parents
- The individual must observe criminal behaviour directly or indirectly so that it can be remembered and reproduced
- The individual must be a loner
- The individual must have a bad experience which makes them want to be a criminal
5. What did Bartlett et al find?
- Mortal Combat video game: the more graphic blood led to more aggressive thoughts
- Only boys who play video games experience aggressive thoughts
- Video games were unlikely to cause aggressive thoughts
- Mortal Combat video game: violent fighting scenes made children upset