1. Which of these studies found no effect on social development?
- Egeland and Heister: Positive influence on insecure children and a negative influence of secure children
- Clarke- Stewart et al - comparison of home cared and group cared
- Belsky and Rovine : Children spending more than 20 hours a week in day care were more insecurely attached than home cared children
- High scope Perry pre school project : Delinquency rates dropped and they were less likely to have a criminal record
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is social development?
- Growth of a child's ability to interact with others and behave in a pro social manner, sharing, comforting and helping
- Growth of a child's ability to manipulate, get away with and gain followers in life
- The achieving of the physical milestones for that child's age range
- The achieving of the emotional milestones for that child's age range
3. What affects did day care have on agression?
- When universal day care was introduced in day care, aggression rose by 24% and parental well being declined
- NICHD study and Quebec
- NICHD study found that in those with behavior problems they got worse
4. What are the two main types of day care?
- Day nurseries and Childminders
- Residential nurseries and Day nurseries
- Day nurseries and Playgroups
5. What is not a factor that could affect quality of childcare?
- Type of day care: Leach 1200 children longitudinal studies do better if looked after by their mothers
- Size of the care centre
- Bigger staff to children ratio