1. What is not an implication of day care research?
- Government is keeping a free place for all 3 yearolds in day care
- Maternity leave has increased from 3 to 9 months and now 12
- Theater of attachments - Help those being abused become closer to their parents,
- Sure start program to break poverty cycle in 500 areas
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What affects did day care have on agression?
- NICHD study and Quebec
- NICHD study found that in those with behavior problems they got worse
- When universal day care was introduced in day care, aggression rose by 24% and parental well being declined
3. What is social development?
- The achieving of the emotional milestones for that child's age range
- Growth of a child's ability to interact with others and behave in a pro social manner, sharing, comforting and helping
- The achieving of the physical milestones for that child's age range
- Growth of a child's ability to manipulate, get away with and gain followers in life
4. What was not found in the EPPE Project?
- Negative impacts on agression
- Disadvantaged children could improve social backgrounds the most when with a range of background children
- Higher quality pre-school offered both intellectual and social advantages to childre
- Improved cognitive development
- All aspects of social development increased
5. What was not an effect on Peer relationships?
- Harvey : 6000 youngsters found that children whose mothers worked outside the home suffered no permanent damage because of their absences
- Lamer et al : Study of 120 Swedish children, found that by 10 individual differences were overtaking the effects of day care
- Leach: 1200 children longitudinal studies do better if looked after by their mothers
- Field : Found the more time they spent in day care the more friends they made and the more extra-curricular activities and those in high quality care showed more affection in their relationships
- Clarke-Stewart : Children in group based play found it easier to be sociable than those cared at home