1. What affects did day care have on agression?
- NICHD study and Quebec
- NICHD study found that in those with behavior problems they got worse
- When universal day care was introduced in day care, aggression rose by 24% and parental well being declined
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these studies found no effect on social development?
- Clarke- Stewart et al - comparison of home cared and group cared
- High scope Perry pre school project : Delinquency rates dropped and they were less likely to have a criminal record
- Belsky and Rovine : Children spending more than 20 hours a week in day care were more insecurely attached than home cared children
- Egeland and Heister: Positive influence on insecure children and a negative influence of secure children
3. What was not an effect on Peer relationships?
- Lamer et al : Study of 120 Swedish children, found that by 10 individual differences were overtaking the effects of day care
- Leach: 1200 children longitudinal studies do better if looked after by their mothers
- Harvey : 6000 youngsters found that children whose mothers worked outside the home suffered no permanent damage because of their absences
- Field : Found the more time they spent in day care the more friends they made and the more extra-curricular activities and those in high quality care showed more affection in their relationships
- Clarke-Stewart : Children in group based play found it easier to be sociable than those cared at home
4. What is not an implication of day care research?
- Maternity leave has increased from 3 to 9 months and now 12
- Theater of attachments - Help those being abused become closer to their parents,
- Government is keeping a free place for all 3 yearolds in day care
- Sure start program to break poverty cycle in 500 areas
5. What is not an evaluation point of the EPPE Project?
- Not ethnocentric
- Large sample size 3000
- Based on sound research methods