1. What scandal weakened the America's position and prevented a full normalisation of Sino-US relations?
- The G7 Corruption Scandal
- The Watergate Scandal
- The Petroleum Scandal
- The Profumo affair
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did Khrushchev refuse to help China develop its own nuclear weapons?
- Mao had claimed that he was willing to see half the worlds population die to advance communism
- Mao threatened that he would bomb America which would threaten Khrushchev's peaceful coexistence
3. Which US president visited China in 1972?
4. How many Chinese students were invited to the Soviet Union on advanced training courses?
5. Why did China want to develop a better relationship with the US?
- China was encircled by unfriendly states
- The Soviet Union was being mean
- China felt excluded in world affairs
Similar History resources: