1. Why did Khrushchev refuse to help China develop its own nuclear weapons?
- Mao had claimed that he was willing to see half the worlds population die to advance communism
- Mao threatened that he would bomb America which would threaten Khrushchev's peaceful coexistence
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was published as a result of the US presidents visit in 1972?
- The Mutual Defence Treaty
- The Shanghai Communique
- Salt 1
- The Basic Principles Agreement
3. How did the Korean War benefit Stalin?
- Stalin was able to avoid direct military confrontation
- Stalin could sit back and relax for a bit
- Stalin could blame China for the conflict
4. When did China turn communist?
5. In what way was Khrushchev more accommodating than Stalin?
- He allowed changes to the Sino-Soviet border
- He was just really friendly to Mao
- He signed an agreement to give up Soviet territory in Lushun
- He signed an agreement to give up Soviet territory in Manchuria
Similar History resources: