1. Why was Mao's attempt to take Taiwan in 1954 unsucessful?
- The response of the four superpowers
- The response of the two superpowers
- The response of the three superpowers
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. When did the USSR and China end diplomatic and trading relations?
- May 1967
- March 1966
- May 1966
- March 1967
3. What was promised in the Treaty?
- Economic aid for China, Soviet military assistance, restoration of Chinese soverignty over Manchuria
- Economic aid for USA, Soviet military assistance, restoration of Chinese soverignty over Manchuria
4. When was the Treaty of Frienship and Alliance signed?
5. What happened during the second bombardment of Taiwan by China in 1958?
- Khrushchev refused to support China. he attempted to persuade Mao to stop the attack by offering to share the USSR's nuclear secrets but then changed his mind to creating a nuclear free Pacific
- Khrushchev couldn't be relied upon to advance China's strategic interests, it confirmed Mao's belief that Khrushchev favoured compromise with Capitalism over revolution