1. What did Anderson (1999) find?
- Male cichild fish prefer largest females as they can produce more eggs
- Men are more negatively affected by sexual infidelity as shown by physiological tests and self-reports
- Men don't discriminate in the way they treat their own biological children and their partner's children from a previous relationship
- Men who are unsure of their parental uncertainty will spend less time with these offspring?
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which study found that male orb-weaving spiders are more likely to choose large females during periods of high competition?
- Buss et al.
- Bel-venner et al.
- Bellis et al.
- Werner and Lotem
3. Which study found that men who are unsure of their parental uncertainty will spend less time with these children?
- Anderson (2007)
- Anderson (1999)
- Bellis et al.
4. Problem with this theory being based on evolution
- Cause and effect of evolution and sex differences in parental investments cannot be found
- Its based on hunter-gatherer times and can be applied to this modern world as 2 species of apes closely related to humans show little or no parental investment wheras modern day fathers are much more involved in bringing up their children
- Its deterministic to suggest this theory
5. What did Werner and Lotem find?
- Men who don't have full parental uncertainty will spend less time with offpsring
- Male Cichild fish will choose the largest female as they are more likely to produce the largest eggs
- Male Orb-weaving spiders are more likely to choose larger females when competition is high
- Men don't discriminate in the way they treat their biological children and step children