1. Which study found that male orb-weaving spiders are more likely to choose large females during periods of high competition?
- Buss et al.
- Bel-venner et al.
- Bellis et al.
- Werner and Lotem
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. 2 Criticisms of Triver's parental investment Model
- Men can still be choosy in the choice they make in whom they have a child with and also its deterministic to suggest all relationship choices are based upon parental investments as many individuals are purposely childless
- Cause and Effect of parental investment and choosiness of sex cannot be established and Reductionistic to reduce complex subject of sex differences in parental investments
- Reductionistic to reduce complex subject of sex differences in parental investments and Men can still be choosy in the choice they make in whom they have a child with
3. Why are women less jealous than men in relationships?
- Men are more paranoid about infidelity
- Women have full parental certainty, whereas men don't have full parental certainty so this may lead to cuckcoldry and wasting their resources on another man's child so to stop infidelity and therefore cuckcoldry they act jealous as to stop it
- Women are more understanding than men
4. Problem with this theory being based on evolution
- Its based on hunter-gatherer times and can be applied to this modern world as 2 species of apes closely related to humans show little or no parental investment wheras modern day fathers are much more involved in bringing up their children
- Its deterministic to suggest this theory
- Cause and effect of evolution and sex differences in parental investments cannot be found
5. What did Werner and Lotem find?
- Male Cichild fish will choose the largest female as they are more likely to produce the largest eggs
- Male Orb-weaving spiders are more likely to choose larger females when competition is high
- Men who don't have full parental uncertainty will spend less time with offpsring
- Men don't discriminate in the way they treat their biological children and step children