1. How many aims of sentencing are there?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What factors must they consider when sentencing?
- harm caused/intended by offence
- All of these
- Whether offence was committed on bail
- Previous convictions
- Lack of response to any previous sentence
- D's culpability
3. How many types of sentences are available for adult offenders?
4. Who do Judges in Crown Court refer to?
- The Magistrates Association Sentencing Guidelines
- Law Society
- Criminal Justice Act 2003
- PACE 1984
5. What's the maximum powers of magistrates?
- 2 years imprisonment & £5k fine
- 1 year imprisonment & £ 10k fine
- 6 months imprisonment for 1 offence & £5k fine
- 12 months imprisonment for 2 offences& £5k fine