1. What guidelines do magistrates refer to?
- The Magistrates Association Sentencing Guidelines
- Bar Professional Training Course
- Law Society
- Legal Practice Course
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What factors must they consider when sentencing?
- Whether offence was committed on bail
- Lack of response to any previous sentence
- All of these
- D's culpability
- harm caused/intended by offence
- Previous convictions
3. Where are the purposes of sentencing set for adult offenders?
- s142 CJA
- s20 OAPA
- s52 Homicide Act
- Access to Justice Act 1999
4. How many aims of sentencing are there?
5. Who can sentence offenders?
- judge & police officer
- judge & police officer & magistrate
- judge & magistrate
- magistrate & police officer