1. What governs current sentencing practice?
- Criminal Justice Act 2003
- Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984
- Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994
- Human Rights Act 1998
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many types of sentences are available for adult offenders?
3. What factors must they consider when sentencing?
- All of these
- harm caused/intended by offence
- Lack of response to any previous sentence
- Whether offence was committed on bail
- D's culpability
- Previous convictions
4. What age classifies as an adult offender?
5. Who can sentence offenders?
- judge & magistrate
- magistrate & police officer
- judge & police officer
- judge & police officer & magistrate