1. What governs current sentencing practice?
- Human Rights Act 1998
- Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984
- Criminal Justice Act 2003
- Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where are the purposes of sentencing set for adult offenders?
- s52 Homicide Act
- s142 CJA
- s20 OAPA
- Access to Justice Act 1999
3. What guidelines do magistrates refer to?
- The Magistrates Association Sentencing Guidelines
- Law Society
- Legal Practice Course
- Bar Professional Training Course
4. Who can sentence offenders?
- judge & police officer & magistrate
- magistrate & police officer
- judge & magistrate
- judge & police officer
5. How many types of sentences are available for adult offenders?