1. Why did the USSR not play a world role after 1918?
- lacked capacity to - devastated by world and civil wars
- scared of the USA
- belief in capitalism's inevitable victory over communism
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. The West was angered by the nationalisation of key sectors of the soviet economy because...
- many foreign companies lost their investments
- the soviets stole the Western ideal of nationalisation
- it reduced Western opportunities for trade with the East
3. The post-war US attitude towards foreign policy as outlined by Woodrow Wilson was called
- Wilsonian Liberalism
- US Democratism
- Wilsonian Democratism
4. Comintern was created in...
5. Which of these was not a strain in the grand alliance?
- The opening of a 2nd front against Germany
- Soviet influence in France
- Poland: what type of government and where border to be drawn
- The inevitable post-war power vacuum
- Truman (US vice-president) hostility towards communism
Similar History resources: