1. what is meant by the term best value?
- provision of leisure through the public
- an action by national or local government that is deemed to meet the needs of the local community
- the outsourcing running of a facility to a company who make a bid
- an attempt to reduce youth crime through sport
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. which is a characteristic of the voluntary sector?
- local community pays for entrance and use
- their foremost objective is to make a profit
- clubs and teams will raise funds through social activities
- targeting under represented groups
3. which of these describes the public sector?
- run by memebers on a voluntary basis and funded by members fees, provide grass roots level participation
- where a company makes an offer to run a facility to the best standard for the best price
- owned by the local government, aim to break even, all facilities of adequate or improving standard
- owned by companies looking to make a profit, high quality facilities to attract customers
4. what is a disadvantage of the private sector?
- there is a lot of financial support for this sector
- some people cannot afford the memebership fees
- this sector is uncontrolled
- some local authorities do not have the money to spend
5. what is the financial aim of the public sector?
- to improve the local community
- to break even
- best value
- to make a profit