1. What are the characteristics of protoctists
- Like animal cells, have a chloroplasts, singles celled and microscopic
- Like plant cells and animal cells
- Single celled, have chloroplasts
- Single celled, microscopic, have chloroplasts, like animal cells, have a nucleus, feed off of other organisms
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the characteristics of bacteria?
- Small, do not have a nucleus, photosynthesise, no circular chromosome DNA
- Do not have a nucleus, have a circular chromosome of DNA, can photosynthesise, single cell, feed off other organisms
- Reproduce rapidly, circular chromosome DNA, single celled
- Feed off other organisms, have a circular chromosome DNA, nucleus, multicellular
3. What is meant by the term pathogen?
- A pest that can cause disease
- An organism that causes disease
- Something that makes you ill
- An organism that protects you from diseases
4. What are the features of viruses?
- Have a nucleus, small, reproduce, infect all types of living organisms
- Particles rather than cells, smaller than bacteria, only reproduce inside living cells, in effect all types of organisms, come in all different shapes and sizes, do not have a cellular structure, have a protein coat around some genetic material
- Protein coates, genetic material, different shapes and sizes, infects all type of living organisms
- Protein coats, small, these of other organisms, single cells, chloroplasts
5. What are the features of animals?
- Multicellular, do not have chloroplasts, do not have cell walls, move around
- Do not have cell walls, have a nervous system, usually move around, store carbohydrates in a form of glycogen, do not have chloroplasts, multicellular
- Have cell walls, do not have chloroplasts, move around, store carbohydrate
- Nervous coordination, have chloroplasts, have cell walls, move around, storecarbohydrates