1. Who led the campaign to repeal the Contagious Diseases act?
- Mrs Jackson
- Josephine Butler
- Caroline Norton
- Emmeline Pankhurst
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the main advantage of the Divorce and Matrimonial causes Act?
- A wife separated from her husband could sue and be sued in court.
- Divorces could now occur through the courts rather than through a private Act of Parliament.
- A married woman could now inherit the same as a single woman.
- A deserted wife could now keep her own income.
3. What was the Angel of the House concept?
- The belief that poltergeists linger in the halls.
- The Edwardian belief that women should stay at home and look after the children whilst the men went to work.
- The Victorian belief about the proper ordering of society: A woman's role was domestic; to create a loving and comfortable home where her husband and children would be well cared for and protected from the evils of the outside world.
- The Victorian belief about the proper ordering of society: That women should not receive equal pay to men.
4. When was the Matrimonial causes Act?
5. When was the Contagious Disease act introduced?
Similar History resources: