1. What was the main advantage of the Divorce and Matrimonial causes Act?
- A married woman could now inherit the same as a single woman.
- A wife separated from her husband could sue and be sued in court.
- Divorces could now occur through the courts rather than through a private Act of Parliament.
- A deserted wife could now keep her own income.
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. When was the Contagious Diseases act repealed?
3. What are separate spheres?
- The idea that men and women occupy separate spheres in society: men in the public sphere, women in the domestic sphere.
- The idea that women could never leave the house.
- Men and women live on two separate planets.
- Men and women occupy separate spheres in society- men in the domestic sphere, women in the public sphere.
4. When was the Contagious Disease act introduced?
5. Which case is significant to the Matrimonial causes Act?
- The Jackson case.
- The Jarrson case.
- The Norton case.
- The Smith case.
Similar History resources: