1. Who led the campaign to repeal the Contagious Diseases act?
- Mrs Jackson
- Emmeline Pankhurst
- Josephine Butler
- Caroline Norton
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the main advantage of the Divorce and Matrimonial causes Act?
- A wife separated from her husband could sue and be sued in court.
- A deserted wife could now keep her own income.
- Divorces could now occur through the courts rather than through a private Act of Parliament.
- A married woman could now inherit the same as a single woman.
3. When was the Contagious Diseases act repealed?
4. What year was the second Married Women's property Act introduced?
5. What could middle class women work as in the early 19th century?
- Milliners, governesses or cleaners.
- Dressmakers, milliners or governesses.
- Dressmakers, shopkeepers or milliners.
Similar History resources: