1. What did the working-class unionists in Morley's "Nationwide Audience" study think of the documantary on the 1984 Miners' Strike?
- They found it boring and irrelevant
- They thought it was extremely biased in favour of the employers
- They thought it was extremely biased in favour of the strikers
- They thought it was completely impartial
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What purpose does concentration of media ownership and control serve according to advocates of the Manipulative Model?
- It allows media made in non-Western countries to flourish in the Western World
- The creation of a media more tightly controlled by the capitalist ruling-class
- It acts as a way of granting impartial media coverage
- It is a way of benefiting smaller companies with no other way of accessing global resources
3. What are news values according to Hetherington (1980)?
- A case of life imitating media
- A way of controlling the masses through the media
- Traits that make a story newsworthy
- A method to undermine the less powerful social groups
4. What does the media create according to Marcuse (1964)?
- moral panics
- false needs
- news values
5. Which of these is NOT a news value?
- proximity to home
Similar Sociology resources: