1. What is the view advocated by the two-step flow model?
- The media is controlled by its consumers
- Consumers are controlled by the media
- Consumers and the media have equal control over each other
- The media and its consumers are controlled by the ruling class
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a moral panic?
- An exagerrated media reaction to social groups perceived as a threat
- An instance of impartial news coverage
- A news value
- A way of creating false needs
3. Which of these is NOT an example of "new media"?
- social networking
4. What did the working-class unionists in Morley's "Nationwide Audience" study think of the documantary on the 1984 Miners' Strike?
- They thought it was extremely biased in favour of the strikers
- They thought it was extremely biased in favour of the employers
- They thought it was completely impartial
- They found it boring and irrelevant
5. Which of these theorists disagrees with the pluralist view of an impartial media?
Similar Sociology resources: