1. Which of these is NOT an example of "new media"?
- social networking
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these theorists disagrees with the pluralist view of an impartial media?
3. What purpose does concentration of media ownership and control serve according to advocates of the Manipulative Model?
- It acts as a way of granting impartial media coverage
- The creation of a media more tightly controlled by the capitalist ruling-class
- It is a way of benefiting smaller companies with no other way of accessing global resources
- It allows media made in non-Western countries to flourish in the Western World
4. What did the working-class unionists in Morley's "Nationwide Audience" study think of the documantary on the 1984 Miners' Strike?
- They thought it was extremely biased in favour of the strikers
- They thought it was extremely biased in favour of the employers
- They thought it was completely impartial
- They found it boring and irrelevant
5. Which of these is NOT a news value?
- proximity to home
Similar Sociology resources: