1. What did the working-class unionists in Morley's "Nationwide Audience" study think of the documantary on the 1984 Miners' Strike?
- They thought it was extremely biased in favour of the employers
- They thought it was completely impartial
- They thought it was extremely biased in favour of the strikers
- They found it boring and irrelevant
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is NOT a news value?
- proximity to home
3. What is the view advocated by the two-step flow model?
- The media is controlled by its consumers
- The media and its consumers are controlled by the ruling class
- Consumers are controlled by the media
- Consumers and the media have equal control over each other
4. What are news values according to Hetherington (1980)?
- A case of life imitating media
- A way of controlling the masses through the media
- Traits that make a story newsworthy
- A method to undermine the less powerful social groups
5. Which of these is NOT an example of "new media"?
- social networking
Similar Sociology resources: