1. Which of these is NOT a news value?
- proximity to home
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a moral panic?
- A way of creating false needs
- An exagerrated media reaction to social groups perceived as a threat
- A news value
- An instance of impartial news coverage
3. What purpose does concentration of media ownership and control serve according to advocates of the Manipulative Model?
- The creation of a media more tightly controlled by the capitalist ruling-class
- It allows media made in non-Western countries to flourish in the Western World
- It is a way of benefiting smaller companies with no other way of accessing global resources
- It acts as a way of granting impartial media coverage
4. What is the view advocated by the two-step flow model?
- The media and its consumers are controlled by the ruling class
- Consumers are controlled by the media
- The media is controlled by its consumers
- Consumers and the media have equal control over each other
5. Which of these theorists disagrees with the pluralist view of an impartial media?
Similar Sociology resources: