1. What is the view advocated by the two-step flow model?
- The media and its consumers are controlled by the ruling class
- The media is controlled by its consumers
- Consumers and the media have equal control over each other
- Consumers are controlled by the media
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is NOT an example of "new media"?
- social networking
3. What purpose does concentration of media ownership and control serve according to advocates of the Manipulative Model?
- It allows media made in non-Western countries to flourish in the Western World
- The creation of a media more tightly controlled by the capitalist ruling-class
- It acts as a way of granting impartial media coverage
- It is a way of benefiting smaller companies with no other way of accessing global resources
4. Which of these theorists disagrees with the pluralist view of an impartial media?
5. What did the working-class unionists in Morley's "Nationwide Audience" study think of the documantary on the 1984 Miners' Strike?
- They found it boring and irrelevant
- They thought it was completely impartial
- They thought it was extremely biased in favour of the employers
- They thought it was extremely biased in favour of the strikers
Similar Sociology resources: