1. What is the view advocated by the two-step flow model?
- Consumers and the media have equal control over each other
- The media is controlled by its consumers
- Consumers are controlled by the media
- The media and its consumers are controlled by the ruling class
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these theorists disagrees with the pluralist view of an impartial media?
3. Which of these is NOT a news value?
- proximity to home
4. What does the media create according to Marcuse (1964)?
- news values
- false needs
- moral panics
5. What is a moral panic?
- An exagerrated media reaction to social groups perceived as a threat
- A way of creating false needs
- An instance of impartial news coverage
- A news value
Similar Sociology resources: