1. What rhythmical devices are used to add to the dreamy nature in no 1?
- Over use of sustain pedal, pauses in every bar and held notes
- Blurred rhythms, rubato and ritardano followed by a pause
- Held notes, overlapping rhythms and pp dynamics
- Blurred rhythms, use of the soft pedal and uneven pulse
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the main texture in no's 1 and 3?
- A layered texture
- Melody dominated hymophony
- Contrapuntal texture
3. What note of the scale does no 1 end in?
- Mediant- 3rd
- Supertonic- 2nd
- Dominant- 5th
- Tonic- 1st
4. What kind of sophisticated harmony is found in no 1?
- Neopolitan 6th chords in bars 5 and 7
- Dminished 7ths in bars 1 and 3 & unrelated chords of B and G played one after another in bar 12
- Sus 9 chords in bars 11-12 and unrelated chords of F# and E played in bar 8
- Augmented chords in bars 2 and 4
5. What kind of relationship does the key and harmony have in no 11?
- Harmony enhances the key
- Harmony disguises the key
- Key disguises the harmony
- No relationship