1. What note of the scale does no 1 end in?
- Dominant- 5th
- Tonic- 1st
- Mediant- 3rd
- Supertonic- 2nd
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What section of no 11 are syncopated chords found?
- Refrain- B and C
- Episodes- B and C
- Refrain- A
- Episode- A
3. What rhythmical devices are used to add to the dreamy nature in no 1?
- Blurred rhythms, use of the soft pedal and uneven pulse
- Held notes, overlapping rhythms and pp dynamics
- Blurred rhythms, rubato and ritardano followed by a pause
- Over use of sustain pedal, pauses in every bar and held notes
4. Why did Schumann create this piece?
- So adults can have recollections of childhood memories
- To make money
- So children can feel like a grown up adult
- So anyone can experience his talent
5. What key are the interrupted cadences in, in no 3?
- A in 1-2 and D in 4-5
- G in 10-11 and Em in 12-13
- F in 8-9 and C in 16-17
- G in 12-13 and F# in 18-19