1. What is the correct order a sand dune is formed in (from coast in inland)
- embryo dune, fixed grey dune, yellow dine
- fixed grey dune, embryo dune, yellow dune
- embryo dune, yellow dune, fixed grey dune
- yellow dune, embryo dune, fixed grey dune
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the cause of the coloring of yellow sand dunes?
- Lack of plants
- Lack of humus
- Lack of rain
- Lack of sea water
3. A sand dune is only able to form when which two things are present?
- expanses of dry sand, biological weathering
- strong on-shore winds, obstacles to limit sand movement
- obstacles to limit sand movement, longshore drift
- precipitation, soft rocks
4. What species of plant are found in grey fixed dunes?
- sea holly, red fescue
- marram grass
- thistle, bramble, bracken
- water mint, rushes and weeping willow
5. In embryo dunes, how do plants adapt to the conditions?
- Developing long routes and thorny leaves
- Grow taller
- By growing in a westerly direction
- Develop long, smooth leaves