1. What is the correct order a sand dune is formed in (from coast in inland)
- embryo dune, fixed grey dune, yellow dine
- fixed grey dune, embryo dune, yellow dune
- embryo dune, yellow dune, fixed grey dune
- yellow dune, embryo dune, fixed grey dune
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are blowouts evidence for?
- over use by humans
- over use by animals
- biological weathering
- longshore drift
3. What are the conditions for an embryo dune?
- Windy and lots of rain
- Wet in Winter, damp in Summer
4. In embryo dunes, how do plants adapt to the conditions?
- Grow taller
- By growing in a westerly direction
- Developing long routes and thorny leaves
- Develop long, smooth leaves
5. What species of plant are found in grey fixed dunes?
- sea holly, red fescue
- thistle, bramble, bracken
- water mint, rushes and weeping willow
- marram grass