1. What are the conditions for an embryo dune?
- Wet in Winter, damp in Summer
- Windy and lots of rain
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the cause of the coloring of yellow sand dunes?
- Lack of plants
- Lack of sea water
- Lack of humus
- Lack of rain
3. What is the correct order a sand dune is formed in (from coast in inland)
- embryo dune, fixed grey dune, yellow dine
- embryo dune, yellow dune, fixed grey dune
- yellow dune, embryo dune, fixed grey dune
- fixed grey dune, embryo dune, yellow dune
4. A sand dune is only able to form when which two things are present?
- expanses of dry sand, biological weathering
- precipitation, soft rocks
- strong on-shore winds, obstacles to limit sand movement
- obstacles to limit sand movement, longshore drift
5. In embryo dunes, how do plants adapt to the conditions?
- Develop long, smooth leaves
- Developing long routes and thorny leaves
- By growing in a westerly direction
- Grow taller