1. What height can a yellow dune reach up to?
- 5 metres
- 7.5 metres
- 3 metres
- 10 metres
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. A sand dune is only able to form when which two things are present?
- strong on-shore winds, obstacles to limit sand movement
- expanses of dry sand, biological weathering
- precipitation, soft rocks
- obstacles to limit sand movement, longshore drift
3. What is the correct order a sand dune is formed in (from coast in inland)
- fixed grey dune, embryo dune, yellow dune
- embryo dune, yellow dune, fixed grey dune
- embryo dune, fixed grey dune, yellow dine
- yellow dune, embryo dune, fixed grey dune
4. What species of plant are found in grey fixed dunes?
- sea holly, red fescue
- thistle, bramble, bracken
- water mint, rushes and weeping willow
- marram grass
5. What is the cause of the coloring of yellow sand dunes?
- Lack of sea water
- Lack of rain
- Lack of humus
- Lack of plants