1. How can you define polar molecules?
- Only molecules with instantaneous dipoles
- All molecules which have bonds
- Only molecules with a permanent dipole
- All molecules with dipoles
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the fourth ionisation enthalpy?
- X3+(g) --> X4+(g) + e-
- X4+(g) --> X4+(g) + e-
- X(g) --> X4+(g) + e-
- X(g) --> 4X+(g) + e-
3. Define electronegativity
- The degree to which an atom of an element attracts electrons
- The degree to which an atom of an element repels electrons
- The degree to which an atom of an element gets rid of its electrons
- How good an atom is at gaining/losing electrons
4. If an oxidation state decreases, the compound is...
5. What are the conditions of Homolytic fission?
- high temperatures and any state
- gas phase with high temperatures only
- either gas phase with high temperatures OR presence of UV radiation
- must be in the stratosphere
- presence of UV radiation only