1. How many orbitals and electrons can a d sub-shell hold?
- 5 orbitals, 10 electrons
- 2 oribitals, 2 electrons
- 10 orbitals, 5 electrons
- 3 orbitals, 6 electrons
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. PD-PD bonds are weaker than ID-ID bonds but stronger than Hydrogen bonds
3. What is the fourth ionisation enthalpy?
- X(g) --> 4X+(g) + e-
- X4+(g) --> X4+(g) + e-
- X3+(g) --> X4+(g) + e-
- X(g) --> X4+(g) + e-
4. Variable costs depend on...
- The efficiency of a chemical process.
- The recycling of unreacted feedstock.
- The amount of product manufactured.
- The amount of profit a chemical company makes.
5. The boiling points increase with a heavier halogen atom, since the overall number of electrons increases and hence do the id-id bonds.