1. In ions, the sum of the oxidation states is equal to...
- the charge on the ion
- it varies depending on temperature
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the fourth ionisation enthalpy?
- X(g) --> 4X+(g) + e-
- X4+(g) --> X4+(g) + e-
- X3+(g) --> X4+(g) + e-
- X(g) --> X4+(g) + e-
3. The first ionisation enthalpy increases across a period and decreases down a group
4. The intermolecular bonds for halogens are...
- instantaneous dipole-induced dipole bonds
- permanent dipole-permanent dipole bonds
5. What are raw materials?
- Obtained through methods such as fractional distillation.
- The reactants fed in at the start of a process.
- The materials that feedstocks are prepared from.
- The materials obtained after the processing and conversion of feedstocks.