1. Which of the following are INSOLUBLE
- All chlorides
- Group 1 Elements
- All sulfates
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The intermolecular bonds for halogens are...
- instantaneous dipole-induced dipole bonds
- permanent dipole-permanent dipole bonds
3. Define electronegativity
- How good an atom is at gaining/losing electrons
- The degree to which an atom of an element attracts electrons
- The degree to which an atom of an element gets rid of its electrons
- The degree to which an atom of an element repels electrons
4. What are the advantages of a batch process?
- Time consuming to clean reaction vessel, may require larger workforce, many products in one reaction vessel
- Less flexible, suited to all types of products, low cost to build plants
- Cost effective for small quantities, low capital costs for plant, different products in the same vessel
- Suited to high tonnage products, can operate for months at a time without shut-down, easily automated therefore smaller workforce
5. If an oxidation state decreases, the compound is...