1. How much was spent on increasing the height of the spit?
- £5 million
- £7 million
- £2 million
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the spit provide?
- Place for erosion to take place
- Place for scientists to study
- A sheltered place for sediment accumulation away from strong winds and coastal erosion
- Place for people to stay
3. What do pioneer colonising plants (eel grass) do?
- Bring other plants to a habitat
- Help trap sediment which starts to build up a salt marsh
- Discover new land
4. How much does the marsh retreat a year?
5. Is it recognised as a SSSI and nature reserve?
Similar Geography resources: