1. What happened December 1989?
- Groynes were erected
- Storm exposed 80m to the sea
- Sea wall was built
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are salt tolerant plants called?
- Pioneer plants
- Colognising plants
3. What did the spit provide?
- A sheltered place for sediment accumulation away from strong winds and coastal erosion
- Place for scientists to study
- Place for people to stay
- Place for erosion to take place
4. How much does the marsh retreat a year?
5. What do pioneer colonising plants (eel grass) do?
- Help trap sediment which starts to build up a salt marsh
- Discover new land
- Bring other plants to a habitat