1. What are salt tolerant plants called?
- Pioneer plants
- Colognising plants
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. When is the climax of a salt marsh reached?
- When a community of ader and ash trees is reached with a fully developed creek system
- When the pioneer colonising plants help trap sediment
- When organic matter is contributed
- When a more complex set of plants colonise
3. What do pioneer colonising plants (eel grass) do?
- Bring other plants to a habitat
- Help trap sediment which starts to build up a salt marsh
- Discover new land
4. How much was spent on increasing the height of the spit?
- £5 million
- £7 million
- £2 million
5. Is it recognised as a SSSI and nature reserve?
Similar Geography resources: