1. What happened December 1989?
- Groynes were erected
- Storm exposed 80m to the sea
- Sea wall was built
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. How much was spent on increasing the height of the spit?
- £2 million
- £5 million
- £7 million
3. When is the climax of a salt marsh reached?
- When a more complex set of plants colonise
- When the pioneer colonising plants help trap sediment
- When a community of ader and ash trees is reached with a fully developed creek system
- When organic matter is contributed
4. What do pioneer colonising plants (eel grass) do?
- Help trap sediment which starts to build up a salt marsh
- Discover new land
- Bring other plants to a habitat
5. What was built in 1996 to increase the height of the spit to stop the sea breaching the marsh?
- Rock armor and beach nourishment
- Offshore tire reefs
- Sea Wall
Similar Geography resources: