1. What happened in June 1914 which made it difficult for Russia to avoid being drawn into the war?
- Germany bombed the British parliament
- France threatened to invade Germany
- Assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand by Serbian nationalists
- The daughter of Kaiser Wilhelm II was shot
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was required for both of Russia's mobilisation plans?
- Total war to be implemented
- Germany to declare war on Russia
- Precise and detailed timetabling
- Russia's army to be ready in four weeks
3. What was Germany's mobilisation plan?
- The Schlieffen Plan
- The Emcee Plan
- Plan Number 12
- The Jess-Belle Plan
4. What was Russia's aim with the war?
- Gain access to the Mediterranean
- Defend its borders
- Defeat the rest of Europe
- Ally with Germany
5. Were Russia actively looking to go to war in 1914?