1. On what condition would Russia enter into alliances with Germany, France and/or Britain?
- If it protected Russia's western borders and possessions
- If it would provide Russia with more food
- If it would bring about economic benefits
- If Russia were given a place on the League of Nations
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Poland act as?
- A mediator between Germany and Russia
- A buffer state between Germany and Russia
- A provider of 75% of Russia's grain
- An area of economic income for Russia
3. Why did the Balkan wars occur?
- The Balkans demanded independance from Austro-Hungarian rule
- Austria-Hungary ignored famine in the Balkans which led to a peasant uprising
- Russia persuaded nationalities to form a coalition against Austria-Hungary
- The leader of the Hungarian church was shot by Bosnian nationalists
4. Why did the 1892 Austro-Russian convention occur?
- Common fear of Germany
- An increased need for military alliances
- Marriage of the Tsar's son to a key French diplomat's daughter
- They relied on eachother's incomes
5. What did the decline of the Ottoman empire lead to?
- Civil War in Turkey
- Issues with Russian interests in the Balkans
- More money being given to Germany
- Fall in grain production
Similar History resources: