1. Why was the Austro-Hungarian empire a threat to south-east Europe in 1867?
- Its inflation
- Its increasing army size
- Its expansionist policy
- Its rulership
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did the 1907 triple entente occur?
- Britain saw the German naval expansion as a threat
- France needed more money
- Germany threatened to invade France
- Russia paid France and Britain to join an alliance
3. Why did the 1892 Austro-Russian convention occur?
- An increased need for military alliances
- Common fear of Germany
- They relied on eachother's incomes
- Marriage of the Tsar's son to a key French diplomat's daughter
4. What did the growth of a united Germany mean for central Europe?
- It was dominated by a powerful and ambitious nation
- It was living under a dictatorship
- It didn't have as many resources
- It was becoming poorer
5. What did the decline of the Ottoman empire lead to?
- Fall in grain production
- Issues with Russian interests in the Balkans
- Civil War in Turkey
- More money being given to Germany
Similar History resources: