1. who developed act utilitarianism?
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. what is the strong rule?
- it should never be broken because it is going against God's rule
- it maintains breaking any rules is harming society
- the strong rule is created using the principle of utilty and cannot be broken at any times, for example do not kill
- it can be broken in extreme cases
3. define utilitariansim
- it is a deoontolocal theory
- it aims to prduce happininess for the least number of people
- it is an ethical theory developed by bentham and mill and it maintains that one ought to always act to maximise well being. it focuses on the end result which is to produce the greatest happiness for the greatest number (teleological)
- it was devloped only by mill
4. what is the weak rule?
- a weak rule allows that fact that in extreme cases the rules created using the principle of utilty needs to be broken to achieve greatest happiness. do not kill, it can be bs broken during WWII if someone had an opportunity to kill hitler
- ruless can never be broken
5. who devloped rule utilitarianism?
Similar Religious Studies resources: