1. what do Roman Catholics, Anglican and Orthodox churches believe about marriage?
- procreation is better outside of marriage
- it is a sacrament, an outward visible sign of an inner blessing from God
- marriage is not necessary
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. what is annulment?
- agreement between two people that procreation will occur in marriage.
- dissolving of a marriage because it has taken place for the wrong reasons.
- another word for a civil partnership
3. why do some passages from the Bible condemn homosexual activity?
- homosexuals are bad parents
- homosexuals can only adopt
- sexual activity must lead to procreation
- sexual activity must lead to marriage
4. what does marriage mean?
- a legally binding contract and a close and intimate union.
- fairness and freedom from oppression
- a legally recognized union between two people of the same sex.
5. Methodists have a blessing but no marriage. why is this?
- members are encouraged to be 'welcoming and inclusive'
- members are encouraged to be reserved and quiet
- they can be divorced easily