1. When was Alfred Tayer Mahan's book published?
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the Platt Amendment make Cuba?
- A key trading stop for American ships
- A safehouse for American weapons
- Effectively an American protectorate
- Forced them to be Democratic
3. What did he do in 1904?
- Introduced the Platt Amendment
- Introduced the Treaty of Portsmouth
- Set out the Corollary to the Monroe Doctrine
- Fought in the Spanish-American War
4. What did the Platt Amendment entail?
- Made James Platt Secretary for Education
- Allowed extension American intervention in Aruba
- Allowed extensive American intervention in Cuba
- Declared war on France
5. What best describes Roosevelt's approach to foreign policy
- Expanionist and Imperialist
- Confrontational and Violent
- Retreatist and Isolationist
Similar History resources:
January 2013 1-02: How important was Theodore Roosevelt in influencing US foreign policy in the years 1900 to 1920? (24 marks)