- Created by: Naomi
- Created on: 05-11-11 05:16
1. Which one of these isn't a characteristic of Heavy rock?
- use of simple chord progressions involving primary triads, major keys and seventh chords
- heavy drumming techniques with strong, driving rhythms
- Improvised and extended guitar solos
- lyrics that are frequently anti-social or controversial
- importance of riffs as a structural element
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which is not a characteristic of Pop?
- use of acoustic drums
- use of electronic keyboards/synthesisers as primary backing
- great emphasis on studio recording effects
- lyrics that deal with teenage related issues
3. Which one is a characteristic of indie rock?
- often romantic melodies
- unchanging quadruple metre
- frequent use of non nonsensical lyrics
- less obvious use of verse-chorus form
- use of samples from other music sources
4. repetitive lyrics are a characteristic of techno
5. R&B uses rap-like lyrics that are sung rather than spoken