1. What part of the waterfall holds fallen rocks?
- The Plunge Pool
- The ridges of hard rock
- The Overhang
- The steep sided gorge
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is Saltation?
- Small stones bounced around the sea bed.
- Boulders rolled along the sea bed.
- Minerals dissolved in the water.
- Fine material held in water.
3. What part of the water cycle turns water to vapour?
4. What causes flooding?
- High winds
- Flat land so the river can spread quickly.
- All of the above
5. What is Abraision?
- Rocks carried along by the river wear down the river bed and banks.
- The force of the river against the banks can cause air to be trapped in cracks and crevices. The pressure weakens the banks and gradually wears it away.
- Rocks being carried by river smash into each other and break into smaller, smoother and rounder particles.
- Soluble particles are dissolved into the river.