1. What causes flooding?
- High winds
- Flat land so the river can spread quickly.
- All of the above
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the process called in which minerals are dissolved in the river water?
3. What is transpiration?
- When the leaves breathe out water.
- When water turns to vapour
- Rain, snow and sleet
- When water vapour turns to liquid in clouds
4. What is Abraision?
- The force of the river against the banks can cause air to be trapped in cracks and crevices. The pressure weakens the banks and gradually wears it away.
- Rocks carried along by the river wear down the river bed and banks.
- Soluble particles are dissolved into the river.
- Rocks being carried by river smash into each other and break into smaller, smoother and rounder particles.
5. What is a meander?
- Another name for an oxbow lake.
- An area in a waterfall where the rocks are held.
- A bend in the river which is formed in the middle course.
- A bend in the river which is formed in the upper course.