1. What is a meander?
- Another name for an oxbow lake.
- A bend in the river which is formed in the middle course.
- A bend in the river which is formed in the upper course.
- An area in a waterfall where the rocks are held.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the process called in which minerals are dissolved in the river water?
3. What is Abraision?
- Soluble particles are dissolved into the river.
- The force of the river against the banks can cause air to be trapped in cracks and crevices. The pressure weakens the banks and gradually wears it away.
- Rocks carried along by the river wear down the river bed and banks.
- Rocks being carried by river smash into each other and break into smaller, smoother and rounder particles.
4. What causes flooding?
- All of the above
- Flat land so the river can spread quickly.
- High winds
5. What part of the water cycle turns water to vapour?