1. What is over land flow?
- water in any form that comes from the clouds (e.g. - snow, rain, sleet, hail)
- this happens when either the soil is impermeable or saturated and the water flows over the top of it
- slow movement of water through the ground
- where the water goes up through the plants and is released into the air through the leaves
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why does condensation occur?
- Because water vapour rises mostly by convection and this means water vapour looses its energy
- Because radiant particles cause the molecules to have more energy and rise
- Because water falls as a result of gravity
- Because there is not enough space in the sky for all of it
3. What is evapotranspiration?
- the process by which water is transferred from the land to the atmosphere by evaporation from the soil and other surfaces and by transpiration from plants.
- When leaves release water into the atmosphere
- where water vapour changes to a liquid
- where the sea is evaporated into the sky
4. What is a convection current?
- When warm/humid air rises and cooler air flows downwards because as warmer air rises, water vapour looses its energy causing it to change state
- When radiant particles cause the molecules to have more energy and rise
- When energy from the sun heats water molecules, causing them to become so active that some of them rise into the atmosphere as vapour
- When heat is lost
5. What is infiltration?
- Water lying on trees and plants
- Water lying on the soil
- The process where water on the ground surface enters the soil
- The process where water seeps through soil into rock