1. What is the source?
- the place the river starts which is normally boggy or a spring
- where two rivers join
- where water flows
- a small river that joins the main one
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is percolation?
- Where water moves downwards through soil
- Water moving from the ground to the soil
- When precipitation is not intercepted
- Where plants, trees or buildings collect precipitation
3. What is evapotranspiration?
- where the sea is evaporated into the sky
- When leaves release water into the atmosphere
- the process by which water is transferred from the land to the atmosphere by evaporation from the soil and other surfaces and by transpiration from plants.
- where water vapour changes to a liquid
4. What is the drainage basin?
- An area of land drained by the river and it's tributaries
- Where lots of rivers join
- A place where rivers flow
- A space full of water
5. Why does condensation occur?
- Because water vapour rises mostly by convection and this means water vapour looses its energy
- Because radiant particles cause the molecules to have more energy and rise
- Because water falls as a result of gravity
- Because there is not enough space in the sky for all of it