1. What is transpiration?
- where the water filters through the ground and the tiny pores in the soil
- where the water is evaporated straight from the ground or from the sea
- When plants take water through their roots and release it through leaves
- this happens when either the soil is impermeable or saturated and the water flows over the top of it
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is interception?
- where water is moved sideways through the soil
- where plants, trees or buildings collect the precipitation
- when the ground intercepts the water entering the soil
- when the precipitation flows through the plant into the ground
3. What is the source?
- where water flows
- a small river that joins the main one
- the place the river starts which is normally boggy or a spring
- where two rivers join
4. What is through fall?
- where rivers enter through the ground
- where precipitation is not intercepted but falls straight to the ground
- where water vapour falls through the clouds
- slow movement of water through the ground
5. What is precipitation?
- Water that reaches the surface of the earth but does not infiltrate the soil
- Water being released from clouds as rain, snow, sleet or hail
- When water molecules rise into the atmosphere as vapour
- Process where water seeps into the ground