1. What is percolation?
- Where water moves downwards through soil
- Water moving from the ground to the soil
- When precipitation is not intercepted
- Where plants, trees or buildings collect precipitation
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the river channel?
- a collection of channels that make up the drainage basin
- sum of all the lengths of the river + area of the drainage basin
- the route rivers flow
- where the river flows into the sea or a lake
3. What is condensation?
- The process of water vapour changing to a liquid
- Water molecules rising
- The process of liquid changing to a vapour
- Water seeping into the ground
4. What is evapotranspiration?
- where the sea is evaporated into the sky
- the process by which water is transferred from the land to the atmosphere by evaporation from the soil and other surfaces and by transpiration from plants.
- where water vapour changes to a liquid
- When leaves release water into the atmosphere
5. What is transpiration?
- this happens when either the soil is impermeable or saturated and the water flows over the top of it
- When plants take water through their roots and release it through leaves
- where the water is evaporated straight from the ground or from the sea
- where the water filters through the ground and the tiny pores in the soil