1. Which section is being described: The group in two colums, travel, along the diagonal performing a repeated pattern of slow walking steps. These match the musical pulse and are embellished with Dunham-style, swivelling hips.
- I Been Buked
- Wade in the Water
- Preaching Spirital
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. Hermit songs was created by Alvin Ailey after Revelations. It was a solo for Ailey based on 8th-13th century poems by Irish monks. What year was itr created?
3. Which section is being described here: Women repeat phrases from their opening material; for instance, while sitting again, they bow forwards and backwards and the men again complement this. As the woman, facing the front, shoot on arm upowards.
- past and gone
- Didn't my lord deliver
- Preaching Spiritual
- fix me, jesus
4. Name four props which are used in revelations
- fans, umberella, long strips of material, sand
- Fans, stools, umberella, long strips of silk material
- buckets and spades
- buckets of water
5. What is the chief choreograpghic device used by Alvin Ailey after revelations
- motif development
- call and response
Similar Dance resources: