1. What are hotspots?
- Areas of rising plumes of magma into the asthenosphere creating trails of volancoes
- Where Oceanic crust is created and destroyed
- Where continental crust is folded, crushed and compressed
- Where fold mountains occur
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Basic, what happens at destructive and constructive plate boundaries?
- New crust is made at constructive and old crust is destroyed at destructive
- They create faults
- New crust is made at destructive and old crust is destroyed at constructive
- They are the same, plates push past each other creating volcanoes
3. What are high temperatures in the Earths core caused by?
- Radioactive decay causing convection currents
- The crust and the heat of the cores
4. What is lava from a composite volcano like?
- sticky, flows slowly, made of basalt and granitic
- Fluid, flows quicky, made of basalt
- Hot and fiery
5. What is the Lithosphere made of?
- Continental and Oceanic Crust + Upper mantle
- Lower Mantle