1. What does the 'paid back' oxygen do?
- Break down lactic acid into carbon dioxide and water
- Take its place
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Glucose + oxygen -------------> carbon dioxide + water + ENERGY
- Aerobic respiration
- Anaerobic respiration
3. Which is anaerobic respiration in yeast?
- Glucose -----> ethanol + carbon dioxide + ENERGY
- Glucose ------> lactic acid + ENERGY
- Glucose + oxygen ------> carbon dioxide + water + ENERGY
4. Is respiration a single reaction?
- No, the equation only summarises
- Yes, as shown in the equation
5. Which is more efficient?
- Aerobic respiration, more energy is released per molecule of glucose
- Anaerobic respiration, more energy is released per molecule of glucose