1. When oxygen is used in respiration it is called __________
- Aerobic respiration
- Anaerobic respiration
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does the 'paid back' oxygen do?
- Break down lactic acid into carbon dioxide and water
- Take its place
3. How does the body pay back the 'oxygen debt'?
- By breathing faster and deeper for a while after exercise has finished
- By breathing slower and lighter for a while after exercise has finished
4. Which is anaerobic respiration in yeast?
- Glucose + oxygen ------> carbon dioxide + water + ENERGY
- Glucose -----> ethanol + carbon dioxide + ENERGY
- Glucose ------> lactic acid + ENERGY
5. The energy released by respiration is needed for...
- Some life processes
- All life processes
- A variety of life processes