1. What is Respiration?
- It is the process of breaking down glucose to release energy and happens in every cell belonging to living things. It is how they get energy from their food.
- It is the process of breaking down glucose by taking in Carbon Dioxide
- It is the process of breaking down Carbon dioxide in our systems to create energy.
- It is the process whereby oxygen is broken down to release energy and happens in every cell in every living thing.
- Respiration is the opposite of photosynthesis and only happens at night
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which is the correct word equation for Aerobic respiration?
- carbon + oxygen --> water + glucose (+ energy)
- glucose --> lactic acid (+ energy)
- glucose + oxygen --> carbon dioxide + water (+ Energy)
- glucose + carbon dioxide --> oxygen + water (+ energy)
- light + energy --> oxygen + sulphur
3. Aerobic respiration only happens when there isn't enough oxygen in the air.
4. What is Diffusion?
- Diffusion is the movement of red and white blood cells through the blood stream.
- Diffusion is where oxygen diffuses lactic acid in muscles.
- Diffusion is the movement of particles from an area of higher concentration to an area of low concentration.
- Diffusion is the movement of particles from an area of lower concentration to an area of higher concentration.
- Diffusion is when waste products such as glucose are taken away from cells.
5. What six things happen when you exercise?
- Muscles need energy to contract, increased respiration, more oxygen, breathing rate increases, heart rate increases, more diffusion
- Muscle cells become smaller, more carbon dioxide, less oxygen, less diffusion, more energy, heart rate increases
- you can't breath, heart rate speeds up, more glucose, less lactic acid, diffusion stops, more blood circulates around the body