1. A health psychologist undertakes a survey of exercise done by adults. Because the extent of exercise varies with age, the psychologist defines bands of 20-39, 40-59 and 60+. Sampling at random in proportion to the no. of individuals in each band is..
- Stratified random sampling
- Population sampling
- Multi-stage sampling
- Cluster sampling
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The overall effect of one IV in a factorial design is called a...
- Main effect
- Omnibus effect
- Simple main effect
- Independent effect
3. What is the general rule for balancing practice effects in repeated measures design experiments?
- Each condition of the experiment must appear in only one ordinal position
- Each condition must appear only in the first ordinal position
- Each condition of the experiment must appear in each ordinal position equally often
- Each condition must appear in each ordinal position exactly once
4. Which ONE of the following specifies a causal relationship?
- An increase in variable A is associated with a decrease in variable B
- Scores on variable A predict scores on variable B
- An increase in variable A results in a decrease in variable B
- Variable A is positively correlated with variable B
5. Analysis in IPA shares many similar steps to Thematic Analysis. True or false?
Similar Psychology resources: