1. When recruiting participants, there are several issues that should be considered. Which of the following statements is false?
- Participant non-compliance is particularly important as this may indicate that there is a serious flaw in the research procedure. This will inevitably lead to the researcher abandoning the study and formulating a new participant-friendly study
- It is important to foster good relationships with local schools and hospitals as it is only with their permission that researchers can gain access to sensitive samples of participants
- Participants attrition is inevitable, particularly in longitudinal research. This can be overcome to some degree by recruiting a large sample of participants
- Participants should be assured of confidentiality and the anonymity of their results
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which ONE of the following properties of true experiments allows for inference of causality?
- Careful selection of participants
- The use of large samples
- Keeping all other variables constant while manipulating the independent variable
- Extremely accurate recording of responses
3. The overall effect of one IV in a factorial design is called a...
- Simple main effect
- Independent effect
- Main effect
- Omnibus effect
4. The maximum correlation between two variables is
- NONE of the above
- The square root of their internal reliability
- The product of the square roots of their internal reliability
- Is the product of their internal reliabilities
5. Many experimental psychologists collect data using psychology undergraduates as participants. Such samples are referred to as...
- Representative samples
- Convenience samples
- Unbiased samples
- Cluster samples