1. Which of the following statements could you make if you knew that the correlation between the time A-level students spend watching TV and their scores on a school achievement test was -0.64?
- The more time students spend watching TV, the lower their scores on a school achievement test will be
- The more time students spend watching TV, the higher their scores on the school achievement test will be
- The amount of time students spend watching TV and their scores on a school achievement test are entirely unrelated to eachother
- Spending more time watching TV causes students to do more poorly on a school achievement test
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is NOT a key concept in Grounded Theory?
- Memo writing
- Discourse transcription
3. Which of the following is not usually regarded as a potential problem when constructing items for a psychological test?
- Reverse scoring
- Social desirability tendency
- Response sets
4. When conducting a quasi-experiment, researchers must
- Use an appropriate matching task
- Use block randomisation to the conditions of the subject variable
- Not compute an effect size
- Avoid making a causal inference about the effect of the variable
5. Which of the following statements best describes the relationship between correlation and causation?
- Correlation does not imply causation
- Correlation directly implies causation
- Correlation and causation are the same thing
- Correlation is unrelated to causation