1. Which of the following statements could you make if you knew that the correlation between the time A-level students spend watching TV and their scores on a school achievement test was -0.64?
- The more time students spend watching TV, the lower their scores on a school achievement test will be
- The more time students spend watching TV, the higher their scores on the school achievement test will be
- The amount of time students spend watching TV and their scores on a school achievement test are entirely unrelated to eachother
- Spending more time watching TV causes students to do more poorly on a school achievement test
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following statements best describes the relationship between correlation and causation?
- Correlation is unrelated to causation
- Correlation directly implies causation
- Correlation does not imply causation
- Correlation and causation are the same thing
3. Which of these is NOT a characteristic of verbatim transcription?
- It records word for word
- It corrects grammar, mispronunciations etc.
- It focuses on content
4. When a study is free of confounds, it is said to...
- Be internally valid
- Have integrity
- Be externally valid
- Have reproducibility
5. a researcher plans to run a 30 minute computer-based experiment to investigate visual memory. Which of the following would not normally be included in the information provided to prospective participants in the study?
- The experimental procedures employed by the study
- The precise hypothesis that the experimenter is investigating
- The potential risks and discomforts that might arise from participation
- The duration of the experiment
Similar Psychology resources: