1. How much money does a candidate need to successfully run for Congress?
- half a million dollars
- quarter of a million dollars
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is not a factor in increasing dealignment?
- decay of social cleavages
- disillusionment with party politics
- rising education
- TV dominant medium
- growing economy
- convergence of party policies
3. Who says that strong Labour and Conservative identifiers are 'now something of an endangered species'?
4. Which authors argue that descriptive representation is needed to bring issues to a certain group to the agenda?
- Swers (women) and Tate (blacks)
- Burke (southerners) and Barber (northerners)
5. Which of the following is not a reason why more than 50% of people identify with a party in the US?
- ability to vote for a party in a wide range of offices
- entrenched two party system
- politically informed
- requirement to register