1. Which authors argue that descriptive representation is needed to bring issues to a certain group to the agenda?
- Swers (women) and Tate (blacks)
- Burke (southerners) and Barber (northerners)
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many percent higher is turnout in countries with PR systems?
3. What did John Adams say the House needed to be?
- 'a portrait of the people at large in minature'
- 'a reflection of the American people'
4. Which of the following is not a factor in increasing dealignment?
- decay of social cleavages
- rising education
- growing economy
- TV dominant medium
- disillusionment with party politics
- convergence of party policies
5. What is measured by the Alford Index?
- % of working class voting for the left - % of middle class voting for the left
- % of people voting - % of people voting for the left