1. Which of the following is not a factor in increasing dealignment?
- growing economy
- rising education
- disillusionment with party politics
- TV dominant medium
- decay of social cleavages
- convergence of party policies
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who argues that religion has a greater impact on party choice than class in the USA?
3. How much money does a candidate need to successfully run for Congress?
- half a million dollars
- quarter of a million dollars
4. What does Swers say about women in Congress?
- 'presence is only the first step'
- 'impact requires more than presence'
5. Which of the following is not a reason why more than 50% of people identify with a party in the US?
- ability to vote for a party in a wide range of offices
- politically informed
- requirement to register
- entrenched two party system