1. Which of the following is not a reason why more than 50% of people identify with a party in the US?
- politically informed
- entrenched two party system
- requirement to register
- ability to vote for a party in a wide range of offices
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. How much money does a candidate need to successfully run for Congress?
- half a million dollars
- quarter of a million dollars
3. What are Pitkin's three types of representation?
- Descriptive, Substantive and Symbolic
- Personal, Legal and Moral
4. What is measured by the Alford Index?
- % of working class voting for the left - % of middle class voting for the left
- % of people voting - % of people voting for the left
5. Which authors argue that descriptive representation is needed to bring issues to a certain group to the agenda?
- Swers (women) and Tate (blacks)
- Burke (southerners) and Barber (northerners)