1. Which authors argue that descriptive representation is needed to bring issues to a certain group to the agenda?
- Swers (women) and Tate (blacks)
- Burke (southerners) and Barber (northerners)
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many percent higher is turnout in countries with PR systems?
3. Which of the following is not a reason why more than 50% of people identify with a party in the US?
- requirement to register
- ability to vote for a party in a wide range of offices
- politically informed
- entrenched two party system
4. What did John Adams say the House needed to be?
- 'a portrait of the people at large in minature'
- 'a reflection of the American people'
5. Which of the following is not a factor in increasing dealignment?
- rising education
- decay of social cleavages
- growing economy
- convergence of party policies
- disillusionment with party politics
- TV dominant medium