1. What is coppicing?
- cut back (a tree or shrub) to ground level periodically to stimulate growth:
- covering trees in copper
- a special tree dance
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How much will the Tidal lagoon scheme in the UK cost?
- £1 billion
- £2 billion
3. Which of these is not a negative for using crops as biofuels?
- Largely Carbon neutral if you ignore the Carbon emissions from transporting/harvesting the fuel.
- Food prices have increased.
- To make palm bio diesel they are clearing vast areas of the rainforest-releasing CO2 into the atmosphere and preventing potential absorbtion of CO2 from the atmosphere
4. Where does 16% of the Thames Water energy come from?
- Wind power
- Burning dried sewage
5. How much electricity did the pilot tidal lagoon scheme at Strangford Lough produce?
- Enough to power all the homes inNorthern Ireland
- Enough to power 1000
- Enough to power 50 homes