1. approximately how many protestants fled England
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. When did Mary give up her title as supreme head of the church?
- October 1553
- December 1553
- January 1554
- July 1554
3. What did the second act of repeal do, and when was it passed?
- 1554, returned religious legislation to it's 1529 state
- 1555, made Mary the head of the Catholic church in England
- 1553, made the removal of bishops from their seats legal
- 1554, expelled all protestants from England
4. the London Synod 1555-1556 held what purpose?
- it further instated the religious changes Mary had made
- it did very little, despite it's lofty aims, as Pole did not attend
- to reform the Catholic Church in England, focusing on re-education and clerical discipline
- to reform the Catholic Church in England, focusing on getting more foreign advice and help
5. which of these famous protestant figures were burnt?
- Nicholas Ridley
- Edward Latimer
- all of the above
- Thomas Cranmer
Similar History resources: