1. "Bloody Mary" is famous for her brutal methods, but how many people actually died?
- around 1000
- around 300
- around 450
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. In August 1553 Mary made the proclamation that...
- She was going to Mary Phillip
- she had already contacted the Pope and changes were to be instigated immediately
- she would not make any religious changes until a unanimous decision was reached
- she planned to return England to the Catholic fold
3. In 1554 Mary issued Royal Injunctions to the Church, what did these included?
- The re-education of the clergy, the suppression of heresy and the removal of all married clergymen
- the burning of all protestant texts, and removal of protestant objects from churches
- A new religious tax from the Church to help Mary's changes
- to encourage charity, and help support clergy who had been ruined by Henry's reformation
4. approximately how many protestants fled England
5. How much opposition did Mary face
- little, everybody had remained Catholic in Edward's reign
- little, apart from Wyatt's rising
- a lot, Protestantism had been accepted across the country
- Much, Wyatt's rising being the first
Similar History resources: