1. Who finds that Britain is religious due to the fact that party affiliation is due to socialization, historical ties and values?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Is the overall effect of religiosity on support for democracy positive or negative
3. Why is the religiosity high in the US according to Norris and Inglehart?
- belief in american exceptionalism
- lack of movement between states means family ties stronger
- low levels of security due to limited welfare state
- latino population
4. What does Tilley call the association between party and religion in the UK?
- 'a product of socialization'
- 'relic of past associations between groups and parties'
- 'ancient and redundant tie'
5. Who argues that religious divisions, not class, are the main social bases of parties in the western world today?
- Rose and Urwin
- Norris and Inglehart
- Ben-Nun Bloom and Arikan
- Emmenegger and Manow