1. Who finds that Britain is religious due to the fact that party affiliation is due to socialization, historical ties and values?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why is the religiosity high in the US according to Norris and Inglehart?
- lack of movement between states means family ties stronger
- low levels of security due to limited welfare state
- belief in american exceptionalism
- latino population
3. What does Tilley call the association between party and religion in the UK?
- 'a product of socialization'
- 'relic of past associations between groups and parties'
- 'ancient and redundant tie'
4. Who argues that religious divisions, not class, are the main social bases of parties in the western world today?
- Rose and Urwin
- Norris and Inglehart
- Ben-Nun Bloom and Arikan
- Emmenegger and Manow
5. Is the overall effect of religiosity on support for democracy positive or negative